GIVE SECURITIES (STOCK)
Giving securities is a wonderful gift that can help you avoid capital gains tax.
To make a stock gift, simply follow the instructions below. Questions? Contact Mr. Stedman Matthew at (415) 931-5919.
- Contact your broker and request they transfer a specific number of shares from a specific company to the Shrine under the name “Province of the Holy Name – SJS” (see below) They may request a letter from you to authorize the transfer.
- Give your broker the following transfer information:
- FFC Account Name: Province of the Holy Name – SJS
- Tax ID: 94-1426522
- DTC: 0902 [the first ‘0’ needs to be included]
- FFC Account #: F41932008
- Credit Account #: P72500
- Reference: [Donor’s Name Here]
- Brokerage Firm: JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. | 270 Park Ave, New York, NY 10017
- Send notice of your transfer by letter or email to Mr. Stedman Matthew, our Chief Administrative Office. This is to ensure transfers are not unidentified and directed where you indicate. You can reach him at (415) 931-5919 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell him a) the company and b) the number of shares you plan to transfer, and in whose honor or memory you’d like to make your gift.
- You’ll be notified and thanked when the gift has been received by our office.
If you are transferring stock from a joint account, both account owners may need to authorize the transfer. You can contribute stock from several companies held within the same account.
Please check with your broker soon after authorizing the transfer to ensure that the transfer is complete, especially if you initiate this gift shortly before December 31.
Keep in mind, transfers of securities can sometimes take multiple days. It is recommended you initiate transfers well before any important tax dates, such as December 31.
Questions? Contact our Chief Administrator at email@example.com or (415) 931-5919. We’re always happy to help you!
GIVE REAL ESTATE
Giving real estate can offer significant tax benefits. You can even continue to use donated land while you’re still living.
For more information on how to give real estate, please visit the Planned Giving page.
Note: before making a gift of real estate, please contact the our Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-931-5919. Unfortunately, not all property can be accepted.
MAKE AN IN-KIND GIFT
The treasures you have today could help advance the mission of the Shrine of St. Jude tomorrow.
Gifts-in-kind are appreciated, and can supply the Shrine, or, if we cannot use them, our Dominican Province and student friars, with important equipment, tools, supplies, and valuables, such as computers, cameras, art or books, quality vehicles, and other materials helpful to our mission of preaching and promoting St. Jude and educating our young friars in formation.
As we are unable to accept all items, please contact the Shrine of St. Jude Thaddeus at email@example.com or to inquire about the options available to you.
BASIC ACCEPTANCE POLICY
All gifts-in-kind are reviewed, accepted and officially acknowledged. Prior to acceptance, the gift is reviewed to see if it meets Shrine or Dominican Province needs. We reserve the right to decline any gift that does not further the province’s goals or may involve special maintenance or other conditions the province would be unable to satisfy. The donor is responsible for making arrangements to deliver the gift. Additional approvals may be required for works of art.
Neither the Shrine of St. Jude Thaddeus nor the Province of the Most Holy Name of Jesus provides gift valuation. In accordance with Internal Revenue Service regulations, the donor is responsible for determining the value of an accepted gift. If the estimated value of the gift exceeds $5,000, then a qualified appraisal is required by the IRS to substantiate a donor’s charitable deduction for gifts-in-kind. Shrine and Province employees and volunteers are not qualified appraisers, and federal regulations do not permit the province to give appraisals or estimates of value.
For taxation details, see IRS Publication 526.